Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Black Women, Stop Fighting -- and Not Just on TV

Black Women, Stop Fighting -- and Not Just on TV

Essence's Nathan Hale Williams says that he's tired of Basketball Wives-type antics and brawls on reality television -- but also in real life -- between high-powered, highly educated black women.

Now, after seeing Evelyn Lozada on Basketball Wives leap across a table to attack another women who was not threatening her, I’m done. To add insult to injury, on a recent episode she felt no remorse and acknowledged that at 36 years old (my age) she should know better, but she didn’t care. For me, the nail in the coffin was when I heard a teenage girl say, “Don’t make me go Evelyn on your [butt]!” With that statement, Ms. Lozada’s public legacy was confirmed ...

Read full article...

Black Women, Stop Fighting -- and Not Just on TV
Nathan Hale Williams
Wed, 09 May 2012 05:45:27 GMT

No comments: